[tycho-dev] tycho-source-plugin sometimes very very slow
Jonah Graham
2018-04-18 19:21:22 UTC
Hi folks,

Hopefully this rings a bell with someone. The Eclipse CDT project has been
having a problem with some occasional very slow builds. I have tracked down
that running this step:

tycho-source-plugin:1.1.0:plugin-source (plugin-source)

in the build can occasionally take very long. It normally takes a few
seconds per plug-in, but in the bad case it is taking up to 4 minutes
instead.

Is this familiar to anyone? It may be happening when the build is under
heavy load, but even so, I don't know why that build step is being so
affected.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

Jonah

~~~