[tycho-dev] How does the tycho-standalone-p2-director application works
Kasun Siyambalapitiya
2017-07-19 04:29:27 UTC
Hi all,

I am trying to figureout what actually the *tycho-standalone-p2-director *does
after we provide all the necessary requirements ( -metadataRepository,
-artifactRepository,-destination,-bundlepool,-shared,
-profile,-profileProperties, -roaming, -installIU) to it. It is somewhat
hard to figure out what it does as there is no proper documentation on how
it works other than how to use the *tycho-standalone-p2-director. *Can you
please be kind enough to explain me what happens in the process or guide me
to an article or etc. so that I can figure it myself.

Thank you.
--
*Regards,*

*Kasun Siyambalapitiya*
*Software Engineer*
WSO2 Inc. - http://wso2.com/
lean . enterprise . middleware
Tel : 0715523466
E mail : ***@wso2.com
<https://wso2.com/signature>
Mickael Istria
2017-07-19 08:03:14 UTC
Post by Kasun Siyambalapitiya
Hi all,
I am trying to figureout what actually the *tycho-standalone-p2-director
*does after we provide all the necessary requirements (
-metadataRepository, -artifactRepository,-destination,-bundlepool,-shared,
-profile,-profileProperties, -roaming, -installIU) to it. It is somewhat
hard to figure out what it does as there is no proper documentation on how
it works other than how to use the *tycho-standalone-p2-director. *Can
you please be kind enough to explain me what happens in the process or
guide me to an article or etc. so that I can figure it myself.
I believe there are no existing resources for that and that the best
resource remains to look at the source code.
You'll find out it simply delegates most of the work to the p2 director
application:
http://help.eclipse.org/oxygen/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fp2_director.html
--
Mickael Istria