[tycho-dev] Does the artifacts.xml in the application represents all the artifacts used in that application
Kasun Siyambalapitiya
2017-07-25 08:11:09 UTC
Hi all,

Does the *artifacts.xml* file located with the *plugins, features
*and* p2 *directories
in an application contain all the artifacts used in the application. I can
see that it contain all the jars in the *plugins *directory and all the
features in the *features *directory, Is there a possibility that jars and
features can exists ( that is being used or not used by the application)
without having them inside the *artifact.xml *as entries.

Thank you
--
*Regards,*

*Kasun Siyambalapitiya*
*Software Engineer*
WSO2 Inc. - http://wso2.com/
lean . enterprise . middleware
Tel : 0715523466
E mail : ***@wso2.com
<https://wso2.com/signature>
Brian de Alwis
2017-07-26 02:32:21 UTC
I think it's safe to say that the artifacts.xml lists the IUs that were installed in the application via p2. The application may only actually use a subset of those IUs. IUs can also be installed by other means than p2 (e.g., explicitly installing a bundle from a URL, dropins), which will not show up in the artifacts.xml.

Brian.
WSO2 Inc. - http://wso2.com/ <http://wso2.com/>
Kasun Siyambalapitiya